20050318

Here goes...

After reading Tony's "How to Blog" found through the Bloggies *and* reading Eden's invitation for material from "frustrated writers" (and I am one, though not in the usual sense... I'm frustrated because I can't write, as will be painfully obvious as time goes on), I thought I'd once again try my hand at keeping a blog.

So anyway, I thought I'd follow Tony's advice about writing every day, even if it's just drivel about what you ate. So, buckle your seat belts folks, here I go. Maybe I'll become a better writer out of this. Maybe I'll get to know myself better, thereby improving my quality of life. At the very least, I'll hopefully have fun [trying to] talking about the things that interest me.

I won't promise to blog everyday. That's just begging for failure. I especially won't be blogging on the weekends because my wife thinks the blogoshpere (and much of the internet) is a huge waste of time. And I have a hard time refuting that. I always get sucked into wasting huge amounts of time reading other people's blogs. So much so that I am working hard not to visit any but a select few. I have two awesome boys and I want to make sure I don't miss out on their childhood.

In my last attempt at blogging, I did an OK job. I posted fairly regularly and I thought it was kind of interesting. But that was just the problem... I was trying to be interesting so other people would read my blog and my stats would go up and I'd become an internet sensation. HA! This time around, I'm doing this only for me. I'll write about what's going on for me and what I'm thinking about. Sure, I'll write it in such a way that if anyone does find it interesting, it'll be easy to read (I hope), but ultimately, it's just for me. If you get anything out of it, I'm glad. If you don't, then you'd be better off spending your time elsewhere.

Cheers!

PS - someone's gotta be telling me something when the two songs I'm listening to as I write this are Highway To Hell and Road To Hell - and it's on Party Shuffle (honest)

PPS - I didn't write all this in that short amount of time. It takes me ages to get my thoughts down in a coherent way. Thank God for computers. I create my entries in MacJournal (the free version, v2.6) which allows me to write as I think and then I can move things around and edit. And finally I can post what i've written, not having to worry about losing my carefully constructed post to some whim of the ether. And it makes a handy archive tool, too!

Oh, and I can post directly to my Blogger account, too! Alas, not from behind my company firewall... D'oh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home